About the Course
Our 40-Hour Yin Yoga Teacher Training Course is a Yoga Alliance-accredited YACEP course. This course is designed for Yoga practitioners who want to deepen their understanding of Yin Yoga, as well as for those who are already working in the Yoga industry and want to expand their teaching skills.
This teacher training course will be conducted over a period of 8 weeks, with classes held every Sunday from 13:00 - 18:00. This relaxed pace allows for plenty of time to absorb the information and practice the techniques learned in each class.
The course will cover a range of Yin Yoga poses and sequences, including variations and modifications for different body types and levels of flexibility. You will also learn how to use props such as blocks, bolsters and straps to support and deepen your practice, and how to guide students in their use of these props.
In addition to the physical practice of Yin Yoga, you will also learn how to incorporate pranayama (breathing techniques) and meditation into your classes, and how to create a safe and nurturing environment for your students.
*The study hours for this course may be applied towards the 300 Hours Yoga Teacher Training Course and are eligible for YACEP hour accreditation.
At least 6 months experience in yoga practice, or provide unedited practice videos for an evaluation.
The course will be taught in bilingual (Cantonese and English), and the training material will be in English.
This course can accommodate a maximum of 12 pax and a minimum of 4 pax.
HK$5000 - Early Bird Discount (Until 27 Aug 2023)
HK$6200 - Full Price
• Sign up with other teacher training courses: 5% off each course
Get in touch with us at email@example.com for the special offer!
*By applying for the teacher training courses, you agree to our TTC terms & conditions.
- Understand the principles and philosophy of Yin Yoga
- Develop a deeper understanding of the anatomy
- Learn Yin Yoga poses, sequences and variations
- Learn modifications for different body types and flexibility levels
- Learn how to use props to deepen the practice
- Incorporate pranayama and meditation into Yin Yoga
- Develop teaching skills and create a safe environment
Meet Your Teachers
TRISTA LEUNG, E-RYT200
Trista is a yoga teacher who focuses on the practice of observing body sensations and exploring the subtle aspects of the body. Her teaching emphasizes the importance of comfort and stability in yoga practice, encouraging healing and finding balance and peace within oneself.
Trista firmly believes that to be a good yoga teacher, one must not only understand the needs and feelings of their students, but also commit to their own personal practice and growth. Her dedication to her own practice informs her teaching, allowing her to guide her students with compassion and expertise.
Yoga Alliance E-RYT200
Chakra.Nadis. Yin Yang Teacher Training
CO-HOSTED WITH FLYING FAIRY
Flying Fairy Studio is a premier yoga studio in Hong Kong that offers a range of aerial arts and yoga classes, as well as teacher training courses. With two locations in Wan Chai and Tuen Mun, Flying Fairy Yoga Studio provides a serene and welcoming environment for students of all levels to deepen their practice and cultivate mindfulness.
With a team of experienced and certified teachers, Flying Fairy Studio offers a comprehensive range of yoga classes for students of all levels. From vinyasa to yin, hatha to aerial yoga, the studio's classes are designed to promote physical, mental, and emotional well-being while encouraging precise alignment and breath awareness.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
UNIT 1 - Introduction to Yin Yoga
- Overview of the course
- Introduction to Yin Yoga principles and philosophy
- Mindfulness and meditation
UNIT 2 - Anatomy of the Body
- Introduction to the connective tissues, joints, and muscles
- Understanding the benefits and limitations of Yin Yoga
- The nervous system and the relaxation response
UNIT 3 - Yin Yoga Poses and Sequences
- Basic to intermediate Yin Yoga poses and sequences
- Variations and modifications for different body types and flexibility levels
- The use of props in Yin Yoga
UNIT 4 - Teaching Skills
- How to create a safe and nurturing environment
- The art of sequencing a Yin Yoga class
- The use of language and cues
- The art of observation and adjustments
- How to work with injuries and limitations
UNIT 5 - Pranayama and Meditation
- The role of pranayama in Yin Yoga
- Introduction to meditation techniques
- Incorporating pranayama and meditation into Yin Yoga
UNIT 6 - Exam and assessment
- Group teaching practice
- Final review and assessment
Attendance and Participation (30%)
- Attendance and participation in all classes are required
- Active participation in discussions, group activities, and practice session is expected
- Missing more than one class may result in ineligibility for the certificate of completion
Teaching Project (40%)
- Students will work in groups to plan and teach a Yin Yoga class
- The project will be evaluated based on class plan, poses and sequences, use of props, communication skills, and ability to create a safe environment.
Exam and Assessment (30%)
- The final assessment will test knowledge and skills in Yin Yoga
- It may include written and practical components, such as multiple-choice questions, short essays, and a demonstration of teaching skills